Seattle by Samhain
As discussed in this post, we’re decided to launch a donation-based fundraiser with perks for contributions. Here is what those perks/rewards look like…
- All donations of at least $5 get some sort of tangible thank you gift from us.
- Receive a postcard from Seattle if you donate at least $5 and are in the US.
- Get a thank you card with a print of one of AJ’s paintings with any donation of $10-$20.
- Receive a piece of jewelry made just for you and based on your input (most and least favorite colors, stones, symbols, etc) which has a value of more than the cost of your contribution if you donate at least $25.
- As an additional thank you gift with any size donation… If you would also like for us to burn a small candle on our altar for you during our next flamekeeping shift, please include a note with any information that you feel we should have, and we’ll be happy to do that for you.
Because it will take us some time to settle, these would be the first semi-custom items I’d make after catching up on current custom orders, and we’d plan to make and send your perks off in the first quarter of 2015. We would love to hear your ideas!
In the interest of transparency, I’ll be keeping track right on this page of all donations made and rewards due. All donations made to our moving fund will be sent directly to the fund immediately after being received, and I will continue to post regular updates and screenshots of our progress. The public list will give your first name and last initial, unless you’d prefer to remain anonymous. If you’d prefer that I use initials only or that your name not appear on the list, just let me know when you send your contribution and I’ll omit identifying info from the public list. The only reason that I’m doing this here and avoiding using a crowd-funding site is that their fees are generally even more than PayPal takes out, totaling nearly 10% lost to fees. Because we have less than five weeks to raise funds and make all of our arrangements, we decided to go DIY with this campaign.
If you would like to make a contribution, please send funds via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a PayPal account and would like to contribute, I can send an invoice that you can pay using your credit or debit card without being logged into a PayPal account. Just send me a PM on Facebook or shoot me an email. (There is also a FB event page here.) Another way to help is to share my work with someone who you think may enjoy it. 🙂
Thanks so much for your interest and support, friends! As I’ve said frequently elsewhere, my little business would be nothing without your support, and we’d be nowhere near leaving for Seattle, either. I cannot express just how much it means to both of us that we are going to be on our way to somewhere that we will be and feel safe expressing who we are and what is in our hearts. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your help spreading the word and gathering funds to make our dream of our new home become reality.
Much love and many blessings,
Bri (& AJ)
Moving fund starting balance 9/17: $2,491.05
+ 9/22 – $30 donated by Elaine S.
+ 9/29 – $15 donated by Margie S. *
+ 9/29 – $150 anonymous donation *
+ 9/29 – $250 anonymous donation *
+ 9/30 – $30 donated by Victoria L.
+ 10/2 – $500 anonymous donation *
Moving fund balance as of 10/3: $3,504.91
+ 10/3 – $50 anonymous donation
+ 10/3 – $25 donated by Dara O.
+ 10/4 – $25 donated by Diane H.
Moving fund balance as of 10/7: $3,629.91
+ 10/7 – $47 donated by Lucy C.
+ 10/16 – $1,000 anonymous donation *
Moving fund balance as of 10/21: $4,701.91
+ 10/21 – $25 donated by Maggie C.
* opting to skip the reward